Friday, March 31, 2006 . 10:23 PM
OMG! I cant believe it! I nearly forgotten to blog about the performance just now!!Okay so I shall blog about it NOW. We had this 50th anniversary opening celebrations. It was really a fun experience to me. Have you ever performed in a big area where there are four storeys of people surrounding and watching you?Well, today I experienced it! It was scary at the beginning when I just stepped onto the performance ground, along with 30 other dunmanians from SB and CO I guess. If it had been a solo, I would have freaked out. Imagine, over 1000 people watching you o.O... And so we were the first performance item. So we went out and played our drums!=.= ok lame.
Ah I remembered all my steps correctly and did them all correctly as well. It was an undescribable feeling when you are the performer, especially in such a grand performance. Then there were people shouting my name when the hand drums went out for our solo =.=. I heard it loud and clear but dnt know who was the one. Nicole's was the loudest aha.
Then we had lots of fun singing the song made specially for the celebrations of 50th....I tried singing the high part....then in the end my throat was very dry lols. Oh and not to mention we had about 1 and a half hour of RECESS!!!whee!
Hmm and I remembered realising that a lot of the items were done by the band. There was this fanfare thing done by the trombones and trumpets to welcome th heritage runners when they arrive in DHS after running from the old campuses....as in those sites. Then there was our band n CO drumming, after that was the band and CO(again) combined percussion. Erm that was only for the band percussions^^. And at the end, band percussionists again played their drums for the song. It was something like an encore.
Hmm.. I should seriously go sleep now. Nitez..


