Saturday, April 15, 2006 . 8:05 PM
WHOO WHOO WHOO!!!I am very....HAPPY now. I am NOT hyper anymore, just terribly tired out. HAH. And someone *erhem* still wants me to do project work today. In the end we postponed it. That's why I am still happy^^.WHEE! DHSSB RHYTHM XX RAWKS!
We had sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun!!!
But it was tiring. But all our hardwork paid off! I spent the time from 8.30am to 11.30 at school and VCH I think. And got home after 12. Sent yz and qy home(AGAIN). So you two must be really grateful to me^^ and my parents^^. Right?haha. In the end I slept at 2 plus. After bathing my hair was totally wet so I didnt sleep immediately. Went to open my presents and read the letters I received.(none of them are from 2C peeps =(( )
I woke up at around 7, then got ready and everything. I was very worried I would forget to bring anything. Yupz. So I reached school and saw percussion instruments, horns and other instruments in the foyer. I didnt know what they were doing, so i just went up to look for my seniors. It was quite chaotic in the band room, with everyone going around. I left my bag in the workroom and went to help out. (We didnt exchange presents either.)
After everything was ready, we set off for VCH. So we unloaded and went to our respective rooms to put our instrument cases then set up instruments if I am not wrong. The girls on the first level, guys on second. Oh and the horns, trumpets and saxes cramped into a small room. ZZZ. I didnt remember last time when i was here it was like this =.=. As in two years ago....
Nevermind about it. So we rehearsed after that. Then went to eat char siew rice for lunch. And changed into our attire. Then we rested a while and refreshed ourselves, got ready for the afternoon concert as people are coming in half an hour earlier before the concert starts.
So the people who are not playing for the first piece lined up accordingly at the side of the backstage area. We sat down, and started crapping and chatting. Jaz was so nervous.... Everyone wished each other good luck and the horns exchanged handshakes lol. The nervousness was covered by some continuous crappy things people do at that time, so sometimes the place was filled with quiet laughters. We had to keep really quiet as the guests were all in the hall during the waiting time.
When it was time for Tb con, we wished jaz good luck once again and she went on stage. So we waited again. Next up was Gilgamesh so everyone went on stage. Wow the hall was filled with a lot of people though it wasnt full house AND there were people up in the circle seats!(I didnt know there was circle seat for afternoon concert till yesterday =/)
Then after finishing, I went to look for yuleng and hwee2 they all, but only saw those two. Aww so sad they didnt see me on stage cause I was at the third row. But they still saw me ^^. Lol. After that the alumni band played some nice pieces ending the concert.
So we had a long time to rest after that. Most of us obviously didnt spend the good time resting. We were slacking, but not really resting. There's a difference between those two haha. Oh and people like nic were playing hide-and-seek and the hiders were caught without the seekers finding them walking around. Cause we were looking for them and them we walked by the cafe and saw food. It was around 4.30? And we went to eat instead =.=.
I wasnt even a bit hungry at that time la. So I was eating halfway, then couldnt finish it, so I began asking people to help me finish my food, well actually the chicken. Then I asked terence knowing he liked chicken rice(EH I think all guys love food, yes they all do.).
Me: Eh you want the chicken?
Terence: No I dowan. I wan the whole packet.
Me: o.O Really ah?
(I took another mouthfull and pretended to pass him the packet)
(Terence really took it)
Terence: Thank you!
Me: o.O Wah you really that hungry?
Terece: Yah!
(After a while)
Terence: Eh your packet of chicken very nice to eat leh.
Me: Got difference den meh =.=?
Terence: Yah this packet the chickens all no bones de.
Me: ...
Lol. So in the end i managed to "finish" my food quickly. I bet if I continued eating and trying to finish it, I would take a whole hour to do that. OH!! And dont know how I managed to get the programme booklet for the afternoon concert and found out jh and sx's names spelt wrongly. Then jh very angry. While walking somewhere near our room, jh was like telling sh about it.
Jh: Eh I very angry, my name is spelt wrongly in the programme booklet.
Sh: Ah really?
(Chun Bok was in front of us dunno doing what.)
Chun Bok: I'm so sorry. You can hit me. *Stretches out his right hand*
Jh: Huh? Is you write one ah?
Chun Bok: *nodded his head*
Jh: I realy hit ah. *Hits chun bok's hand*
Chun Bok: So sorry hor.
Jh: But you also spelt shixun's name wrongly.
Chun Bok: Huh? What is it?
Jh: His sir name is Lou.
Chun Bok: His sir name is Loh/Low? Then what did I spelt as?
Jh: No his name is Lou not Loh/Low.
Me: It is spelt as l-o-u, but you spelt as l-o-h.
Chun Bok: Ohno... *Hits his head on the wall nearby*
(nicole and a group was behind.)
(suddenly)Nic: Hey! Let's all play hide-and-seek!
Chun Bok: Eh! I'm here leh!
(Everyone burst into laughters.)
But yz suggeste saying "Oh you are here! Come and join us!". LOL. But of course Nic didnt say that larh. Haha. It was very fun during the time wherre we were just slacked around. Then at one time Eugene(from euphos) was standing at the staircase leading to the boy's room and was like telling some of them to go up. Then we saw Jaz and jh coming down. Jaz was like saying very funny up there. So alot of us went up. Guess what they did? After everyone went into the room, someone offed the lights(some people started screaming) then they started playing funny tunes.
Lol. Those people in the room certainly had fun lah. Oh! And they had ALOT of space!!! The room seemed really big and spacious!!!! And our rooms? All so cramped! After some time of slacking later, Mrs Wong called everyone into the hall and made us sleep for 20min. After that we freshened up and got ready for the night concert.
Same as the afternoon one, those not playing lined up at the side of the backstage while the rest went on stage. Some others and I took a peek at the side door and saw some of our classmates sitting in the hall already^^.
So after that we went on stage when it was our turn. Same, I went only for Gilgamesh. Haha. This time it was really overwhelmed by ALOT of people. It was full house. ER wait. No. My cousin didnt go!!!!She was sick or something =((.
Before playing the piece, I glanced through the hall and saw many people I knew, plus my mum, godmother and uncle at the circle seats^^. Then jy was like telling me something like he's gonna blast since it was the last concert or something and I merely said orh ok. Haha. But I realised the afternnon time it was more spacious. But anyway it was still good ebough. Far better then in band room or auditorium. Jy said he was the one who told those people horns needed more space^^ HAH. HORNS RAWK!!!
Then we started playing. And yes I agreed with qy and everyone that it was chao irritating when people start to clap in between the movements.(Even Mr Ng was giving the sort of diao and rolling eyes look haha.) Well, we cant blame those people for not knowing this kind of music culture right? HAH. The piece was SUPER DUPER NICE!!!!!!! That is all I can think of to describe!! All the solos did well!!! It was really the best we have done so far.
We went out of the stage and Valerie was really happy!!! She did really well in that high D in the last movement and when I was stuck at the percussions area, yx was there and we smiled at each other. She was like " can I hug you? " and she hugged me. The warm feeling of being hugged was just so great! Then we went back to the room and saw tht everyone was very happy! Yew Chin and Gelin came!!! We were so excited. Then I went to talk to kh who came to find me. Then saw Maureen also. Then Ophilia. Yupz. The rest? no =((. So sad.
Anyway, after that I saw Saki who was looking for nic. She remembered me^^. And we got ready for the other half of the concert. This time the alumni band was going to play three pieces. So the whole band lined up at the side again. This time it was really cramped. There was barely any space for everyone to sit down comfortably, so we squeezed.
When it was Piano con, everyone went on stage again. And we started playing. And again, people clapped in between those movements =.=. Then was Down Under. Well, no one shouted "encore"!! Wonder why. Down Under was nice^^. It was delicated to the Aussies and they cheered alot.
After that was Tong Hua^^. It was...even NICER!!! But too bad yz missed that G =.=. She was happy last time where the YCK people missed it and now she missed it also, but it was still nicer^^.
Then after that we played Stand By Me^^. Oh different sections stood up during their main parts. Then I think Jaz and jy stood up during a part, but yz still sat down, so by the time the rest of us wanted to stand, they sat down again =.=. LOL.
After that the basses started their usual "Three Cheers for Basses". Then the rest who were non-basses started the "Three Cheers for Non-basses". It was followed by "Three Cheers for Everyone" then dunman high I think. Everyone was just so high!!!
After that some sections including horns started playing their favourite short pieces. Actually parts only. And from the left side they were like passing down "Play New World", but the distance between me and val was to far for m too hear what was she saying so she shouted "Xin Shi Jie" and surprisingly I heard^^. So I told jh and jas. Too bad nic and jh didnt know the notes to it, but they still tried to play and igure out the fingerings to it.
New World is such a nice piece to blast^^. The horns silenced the hall with it^^. We were all totally blasting and it sounded very nice and in tune^^ WHOO!!! After a few more by other sections and people left the hall, we went backstage feeling really happy and all. Then we started packing.
It was already very late. So I was one of the fastest and brought stuff to the place where the buses were parked. Then I look after the stuff untill the rest came. And sx had some er banana cakes and yz took one. Then I was like food! And yz didnt want to give at first. sx was like saying uh u all share then i begged yz for sm haha. When i saw food at that time i felt hungry lol. I think if I didnt see any I wouldnt feel hungry at all.
So we boarded the bus and it was already 10.50 when we left VCH. This time although I was sitting next to nic, unlike when we came I was sitting alone, I was still bored. Nic went to sleep after a while and I had no one to talk to, sx was behind, sleeping also I guess, jaz and val in front, and jas,yz and jh behind also, dont know why too far for me to talk to them =.=. At first I was not tired and couldnt fall alseep, but as the bus moved along, it somehow created the mood for me to sleep. LOL.
When we reached school, the gate wasnt opened =((. So we waited a little longer. Then we unloaded stuff and went back to band room. It was very dark at some parts of the school and everyone was in white at that time *heh heh*. Then the band room was once again chaotic. Besides keeping instruments and packing stuff, everyone was also exchanging gifts. Then after giving out all my stuff to people I wanted to give, I went down with yz to find my dad. We also waiting for qy cause I was going to give her a lift home. Haha. So I reached home after 12.
Whoo! A tired but fun day. It is great to know that I have at least 2 more concerts to go^^. But since most likely I'm going to stay for band, I would have 4^^. I really love VCH^^. Hope to go there more often haha. I liked the backstage more then the seats LOL. There was also vending machine behind, but I didnt have money with me lol.
The good thing is everyone had fun and was hyper yesterday!!!WHOO!!!
Now there's nothing much for us to work for now, except for that speech day coming up.
Ah this post should be quite long^^. I am tired. I think I took a really long time to post this one, but I will always remember this day^^. WHOO! Hope the horns section remained as strong as ever! Whee! I still cant imagine how we would be like without the sec4s =/. But like Jaz say, we must all work hard!!! Especially for next year's SYF!!! WHOO!!!
DHSSB RAWKS! =))
HORNS RAWK!^^


