<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19659562?origin\x3dhttp://wonder-worldz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, May 12, 2006 . 1:18 PM

The ultimate sec2 level camp has ended yesterday! It is also the second Adventure Camp I have ever gone in my life! The last time was during my p6 camp which I forgot which camp we went ahaha... This time is it at the Sarimbun Scout Camp! A 4days 3 nights camp.......With 18 groups, a to r. Adrian, Bond, Chaoren, Darlie, Echo, Fiesta, Gaga, Hi-5, Ice Scream, Justea, King Kong, Legends, Monarch, Noobz, Oreo, PRO, Quality Control, Rabbit (Roar).

First let me introduce you to my group! It is.....GROUP Pro!

gimme one clap!
*clap*
gimme two claps!
*clap* *clap*
gimme eleven claps!
*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

one two three three two one
group p group p number one
four five six six five four
group p never lose before

gimme eleven claps!
*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

pro pro rock and roll
and whip you like a potato
so............................lets go go go!
*cheers*

P.S Our clappings are the best of all groups! All thanks to our instructor ALAN!

Whoo! Know why our clappings are unlike the other groups which may have sounded like bird shit(ops) dropping? It is because of our practise! WHOO!

We won the most PRO-active group ahahah! We are PRO! WHOO!

So now my group members!
Leaders: Yi Hui & Marcus
Memebrs: Cindy JieQi Michelle KiaHin jiaYi Beverly ChingShia Lynette Victoria Jeenise WenYi Zona YeLing April Evan Matthew WeiCong YuShang MingXiang plus myself!

Yeaps, so we had fun together for the last four days! And we combined with Group Oreo for our campfire item! Most of the games were also played together larh....we are the OP! WHOO!

OP OP drink kopi
with roti prata and curry
Go............OP!

LOLS...the cheer invented by Marcus! Haha!

So now, the activities! Here we go!

Day ONE
We reached school at normal time, the different thing was that everyone was lugging heavy and big bags haha...we assembled in our different grouping too. The sec3s werent there, they assembled in the basketball court, so we have more space!lols. Later on we boarded buses, guess what?! Since we were the last group to leave(grp r and s left earlier..) we had one bus to ourselves! HAHA! Five of us, Jeenise, Michelle, Yi Hui, kh and me sat at the back of the bus haha. We reached there and had a briefing before pitching up the tents. We were introduced to our instructors, and of course ours was Alan! Then we went to pitch tents...Well, it was hard work but we did it! So we had our lunch and we created our group flag. The food was okay...no comments yet. Oh erm cept the drink is diluted..reminded me of hostel drink... Anw our flag has the words PRO on it. P was coloured by our thumbprints and O was a little student! haha..With big head and small body lols.

Next up was activity one, team building games. Well, it was the start of groupwork...and we did quite well..we had obstacles journey next. Had to go through some stuff like low wall, swinging bridge?, suicide window and low beam...i think... haha..best and easiest was swinging bridge...haha..Then we had rockwall climbing. The last time I tried rock climbing I went right to the top, but that wall was like 3/4 the height of this one. For this one, I got around a bit more than half??And I dropped at the exact same place where kh dropped haha. We were stuck there, with no good rocks to hold on. Well, there was a big space w/o any rocks, then followed by three rocks. First rock...too far away. Second rock...no holes to grasp, when grabbed will fall. third rock...too round. So I tried holding on, then still dropped as the rock was too slippery...sad right, if not can go higher..haha.

After that we went to wash up, later had our dinner. Slept at 11 plus after bathing...well, it was too noisey at the campsite, with people still talking, so I slept very late....was woken up by mosquitoes zzz. Didnt sleep well.

Day TWO
Bread for breakfast after the morning exercise. Then we went for our first wet activity, which is River Challenge. We were lucky to have all wet activities in a day, unlike some other groups. River challenge is at the Pond Milo, where alot of people say have many creatures living in it, and when you finish the activity, your shoes would be ruin. That was totally WRONG. First, I found no creatures in it =.= and when I finished the activity, my shoes were very CLEAN. zzz. No idea why, but my shoes are not canvas, for canvas the shoes would turn a little brown. We had to build a raft using tubes, poles and ropes. Then we had to send a person to go opposite of the pond to tie a rope there, and we have to travel thru the water taking the raft. Four persons can go at once, excluding the one person who can come and go for each ride haha. Sound like the driver hah. So the 'driver' was marcus, and the rest of us took turns going onto the raft. For my turn, I had Michelle, Beverly and Cindy going with me. We reached the opposite side safely^^.

Later was Nature Ramble, the dirtiest and nature-going activity. We were taught the ways of escaping from wild boars and bees before that. Haha. Ok theres a lame joke. When I see wild boar scared what? Just use Magic Claw can liao. HAH. Okay nvm. So when you see a wild boar, you have to run zig-zag way and best is to climb a tree if you see one. When theres a bees attack, you have to lie on the ground face down and out your hands on ur neck and cross ur legs haha. You know the reason? So we had one bees attack 'drill'=.=. Later on we stood by the gate leading to the area we going and saw rs coming out if I am not wrong. They were covered in mud, clothes were all dirty. Everyone went omg...lols. We entered the place still. We walked thru a strech of long grass area leading to the mud stream. It was BLACK and stinky. We stepped into it...even sat down in it some more. ZZZ. I only minded the smell. It was fun being in mud which I would never imagine ever doing that. Parents never allow do they? Then we walked on, careful not to slip. It that led to a water stream. The water was transparent and clean at first! So everyone tried to clean their hands and shoes. It was no point actually, cause we were going to tread thru more muddy waters. Well, last time when I saw these kind of waters elsewhere, I wanted to try walking in them, so now I get the chance! I really enjoyed it! I dont like the part where you see many pond skaters surrounding you, it seems like you are being cornered. It was a really cool experience for me. We also saw dragonflies and other creatures during that treading. There was also some pink eggs on branches coming out of water, but I dunno wad eggs are they. Some said they were dragonfly eggs, but some say were water snails. Anw qy said the insect was bimbotic or sth...pink lols. After that, we got to 'bath' in a big river haha. But I got bitten by flies T_T. You wouldnt know they were standing on your legs initally, only when you feel a sharp pain then you know where it was. I think I killed one fly anw, to my surprise. I put my leg down into the water with my hands cupping water and flushing it onto my leg so it had no chance of escaping. HAH!

After we walked back to the camp, we rested for a while and continued the next activity. It is the Saint Challenge course, three games-king of the hill, tp shuffle and trolley. King of the hill was to climb up a canvas sheet with detergent water coming down, on a hill of course. It aws quite hard but after the first person went up, it was easy. Trolley was just five persons satnding on two wooden planks with ropes to move along. It just requires alot of cooperation. As for tp shuffle, we did during last yr's level camp so we didnt do. Lunch was next!

After lunch, we went to play command conquer, which was the building of cataput to launch water bombs. O and P versus each other. O was pro to be able to launch the water bombs far away, but they soft of looked at ours before alterating theirs and they also used an extra stuff. Their flag lorh. I think if we had used also we also could make it high, but we didnt and some bombs went even further than theirs. HA. Mr potato was on our side anw lols. And he and alan had fun playing with the bombs.

Later on was initiative games. It was quite crap. We spent alot of time slacking there. Oh and its good to have scouts in our group. I must say they are pro! They can tie ropes really well! It is something I cant do haha. Unfortunately, it started raining. Hmm, maybe its fortunate for us. Later you'll know. So we skipped two boring activities, the initiative game was done halfway and co-operation corner we din even do. We spent the time slacking under shelter. We played murderer. The hand squeezing one.

When the rain went down a bit, we were let off, to bath and rest. It was of no point bathing so we rested. We chatted for a long time until it was time for dinner. later on we were told that we we moving to the dorms and a-hut AHAHHA.(yz jealous right?!) so we moved our stuff into the dorms allocated to us. Too bad wasnt the same with kh, qy, mel, hwee and jo. It was fun with yh and jess haha. I was also in the same dorm as some of my grp members and ppl like drey, sh, sw and more from some of frp r and q ppl. So I can say for sure I slept well! Never woken by anything haha.

Day THREE
We had the Exploration Journey!It was a six hours trekking and hiking OUTSIDE camp! Walking along roads to reach our checkpoints. We planned our own routes with the help of a map. Then we also had our own lunch, supposingly to be cooking. Had my sunburns of the whole camp during this period of time too =(. So we planned where we were going and started walking out. The long stretch of rocky road took us 20min =.=. Then we went to the 'nearest busstop' which was just outside. Next we went to the Hay Dairies Goat Farm. We didnt go inside haha, they wanted to save time. Then we went to the bird farm which was not open. I forgot the other places already lols. But almost every checkpoints had dogs which bark at marcus who was hold the flag. Maybe it seems threatening to them haha. But for sure I remembered the long long road which was the longest on the map. It is the Neo Tiew Road. It was so long we cant imagine finishing it. But we did anw. Then there was Turuk Track and many many Lim Chu Kang roads. We also went to the frog farm and had luch there. We also had ice cream! Treated by ms chong and alan! Hmm what else...I cant really rmb. Oh we learnt our banana-fever dance at somewhere near a beach. LOL. I really cant rmb. But we didnt finish everything as there wasnt enuf time. We went back earlier and went to rest and bathed instead.

Later on we prepared for our item for campfire-----banana-fever dance. Plus camoing up with the op cheer! ahaha. We had dinner later on. I think it was the best. CHICKEN RICE! The rice is much much much nicer than some of the rice sold outside lorh. too bad there was soup haha. So after that we prepared for campfire. And campfire started at around 8. Everyone assembled at the campfire place.

The campfire was hosted by two wacky instructors as the camp chief, potato, said if he was the mc, it would be very boring lols. Mr Sng and Mr Low were there with us! So it started out with the introduction of the groups and cheering competition! Everyone was chao high and cheered with enthusiasm! After every group had cheered and intriduced, the items started. I think. With the ab who sang peng you.....followed on according to order la. In between we had 2 games and some singing thing. First game was for the girls, who had to be blindfolded and dance when music was played. They were removed one by one, leaving only the good ones, which in the end left the best one. It was Shu Ting from 2B. She was pro, think she learnt dancing before. Michelle represented our group and she was fantastic too! One of the last four left i think haha. The other game was for the guys. They had to copy the instructor who was dancing and when the music stops, they had to stop and not move. Those whose position are not the same as the instructors are out, along with those who moved. Among the last for guys, two were from cushka! They were Shaun and Xingqi ahah. But xingqi was out after that. Shaun got second. But I dunno the winner's name LOL. Then OP did our banana-fever dance! I duno who were sitting in front of me as it was chao dark there....with torchlights shining everywhere =.=. Blah Blah. At the end of it, we had mass dance! It was fun although we were quite cramp. Lol. But I enjoyed every part of that day. Anw, we got to stay in the dorms! WHOO!

Day FOUR
Boo...last day of camp...you yi dian she bu de....Yes I am serious. I will miss the fun with PRO! The food too I guess, some of them are really nice. So we ate breakfast and then went to strike tents. Yes it was tiring. We had to wipe the canvas layer by layer. Phew. Then we had area cleaning. Bad news: Clean toilet. Good news: Clean the cleanest toilet. AHAHA. Everyone's reaction when I told them my group had to clean toilet they would laugh. But when I told them we finished cleaning when they were still doing their cleaning they went huh?!Why so fast! Answer: We got the cleanest toilet! haha. In fact we took quite a short time cleaning. Most work was still by Alan. He is really nice^^. Later we had evaluation and prize presentation. So we won the most PRO-active group. haha. First to receive prize. It was towels anw =.=. The best group overall was Justea. Later we bid the last goodbye with the intructors and boarded the bus. I think some of the other groups' instructors went back with them to DHS and treated them to drinks. So good. Haha. I slept on the bus, still too tired.

Me, qy and kh went to buy food and drinks after we reached sch and collected our valuables. Haha. Then kh went home and me and qy continued slacking till the sec4s finished sch. Lols. So unlucky they had to study when we were having fun. We went to look for yz and yx lols. Later we slacked at the band room before going home.



I think I took a long time to post this T_T. An hour?? I guess so, haha. Well, I think I should go eat...erm lunch. HAHA. So cya!